stuck.

This is happening too often these days.

I've got it all. Caffeine. Music playing. I'm not too tired and the chair is comfy. The boy is in bed and if I just keep my back to the apartment, I won't see all the chores I haven't done.

My travelers are at the edge of the swamp. It's time to go in.

Stuck.

I keep failing to follow my own rules: just keep swimming. It doesn't have to be perfect the first time. It doesn't have to have emotional resonance and depth. Not yet. That comes after you get the words on the page.

And yet.

Stuck.

Tomorrow I think I shall have to resort to the coffeeshop with no internet. I've got the morning off before my night shift, after all. I did intend to do a little housework, but by 10 a.m. I shall be at work for ze book. Four hours. I will bust through this.

Or go paddling through a swamp this weekend. Anything to get through this. It's happening too often.

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:46 PM

    Oy - I know what you mean...

    Though - it's not stuck in that "this isn't working right" where you can just put anything down on paper and come back and fix it...

    It's stuck where you're sitting there wondering "now what?"

    At least for me...

    It's like someone has kidnapped the muses!

    (And if that turns into one more plotbunny I don't have time to explore... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment