Golems R Us

I really hate the golem battle.

I originally intended them to face only one golem, but it was so dull I added two more, and still I don't like it. It needs something, a twist or a trick I could have implanted earlier on. Can't think of a thing, but that might be because it's 1:52 a.m. Hating this scene. Granted, it's "and then there were two," but yikes, my guys need to actually have a good fight or something.

On the other hand, the Chapter Twelve heartbreak was sufficiently destructive that I felt all warm inside. There might be something wrong with me. Plus: "Go back to sleep, Kiddo, I've got golems to kill." I am the weirdest mom in Illinois.

Yesterday's Favorite Fuckup:

• They rushed at the cage, dragging out their own man out before Slive. (Department of Redundancy Department)

Today's Favorite Fuckup:

• The phrase "thrashing throes" is not a good phrase. No, really. It's just not. It's a sign that you need to hang it up for the night, even if you are 48 hours to deadline and booked most of the weekend.

Oy.

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
57,344 / 60,000
(95.6%)


An annoying side effect of working until 2 a.m. each night: you completely digest your 7:30 p.m. dinner and are starving again, because your metabolism thinks it needs to keep working. It is quite difficult to go to sleep with a growling stomach. But if you eat and then go to sleep, your metabolism shuts down and you just lie there getting fatter in your sleep. You know this, because you've been a midnight writer for four years now. But still you are unable to manage your food intake so your stomach will shut the hell up when it's time to sleep.

On the other hand, you could go write some more about the bile golem comprised of rotted body parts. That generally kills the appetite.

Comments